Research Analyst (Credit, Distressed and Event Driven)
London, United Kingdom
The Firm – Antarctica Asset Management (“AAM”)
Antarctica Asset Management was launched in July 2001 and has established itself as a leading provider of comprehensive hedge fund solutions, managing about $2.1 billion.
Utilising an established team of seasoned investment and research professionals with experience and expertise in multiple economic cycles, the Antarctica Group offers a compelling total offering in the asset class, based on thorough global research, operational & legal due diligence and risk analysis.
The AAM group consists of a group of professionals based in our offices in London, New York, Switzerland, Hong Kong and the British Virgin Islands.
Job Description – Research Analyst (Credit, Distressed and Event Driven)
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Mid to Senior-Level Research Analyst to join our team. The ideal candidate will have excellent decision-making abilities, strong written communication skills, and the ability to listen and interpret underlying funds trends and data. The role will involve conducting research on hedge funds, analyzing investment strategies and performance, and making recommendations to the investment team. The candidate should be able to work independently and be able to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
The position will be based in our AAM London office
- Conduct research on hedge funds and other underlying assets, evaluating investment strategies and performance, across a wide range of hedge fund strategies in the Credit, Distressed, and Event Driven universe
- Analyze financial and market data to identify trends and patterns that may impact the fund's investments
- Communicate research findings and recommendations to the investment team and other stakeholders
- Develop and maintain relationships with hedge fund managers and other industry professionals
- Collaborate with the investment team to make investment decisions and monitor the portfolio's performance
- Stay current with industry developments and trends, and apply this knowledge to the fund's research process
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as finance, economics, mathematics, or statistics is preferred, but not a requisite
- 3-7 years of experience in a research or investment analysis role
- Strong knowledge of financial markets and investment strategies
- Excellent decision-making abilities and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Strong ability to listen and interpret underlying funds
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, or Matlab is a strong plus, but not a requirement
- Understanding of PE and Private Credit funds structures, is a plus, but not a requirement
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for growth and advancement within the company. If you are a highly motivated and experienced professional with a passion for finance and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply today.
If interested, please send your CV to email@example.com